Pierre Lemieux wrote:

> Following Tuesday's tragic events, isn't it surprising that we don't
> hear much the Keynesian argument that repairs and reconstruction
> (plus, presumably, military purchases) will boost "aggregate demand"
> and pull the economy out of the recession it was drifting into? We
> even did not have to dig holes and refill them to boost aggregate
> demand as Keynes would have suggested, for some barbarians did the
> first part for us.

Paul Krugman already has said this!
--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

"'When a man thinks he's good - *that's* when he's rotten.  Pride is
 the worst of all sins, no matter what's he's done.'

'But if a man knows that what he's done is good?'

'Then he ought to apologize for it.'

'To whom?'

'To those who haven't done it.'"
                   -- Ayn Rand, *Atlas Shrugged*