> What is paranoia? The typical example is the leftist who believes
> that the FBI is out to get them, or is behind every wrong in the world.
> Fabio

The former is paranoia; the latter is not.  The latter is a conspiracy
proposition.

> Unusual beliefs are "paranoid" if they do not permit an individual to
> cooperate with most others in a game of imperfect information.

That does not capture the meaning of paranoid, since others could fit that
also, and it seems to me that paranoid people might well be willing to
cooperate; they just have different assumptions about social reality.

It seems to me that paranoia is a belief, not a behavior.  It can lead to
particular behaviors, but paranoia by itself is not sufficient to cause any
particular behavior.

Fred Foldvary

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]