Another interesting question might be how does the distribution of income of children of people in these professions vary conditional on whether they go into their parents line of work controlling for socioeconomic status, etc. I would gamble there are a disproportionate number of people centered around their parents profession's wage, with most coming from the lower end of the income spectrum -- in other words I am speculating that most of the additional wage from these professions comes from rote training and experience rather than other factors, although it seems also that the professions you mention all seem to also be of the "very small business" type, so the parents business might be an endowment much of which is only capturable if a child operates it, and as I believe small business operators are largely male (for whatever reasons, cultural or otherwise), that might explain some of the gender business, no pun intended.