I jaywalked a half dozen times on my way in to work this morning, and I'll
do it again tonight [meaning I'm an incorrigible recidivist].  Moreover,
hardly anybody here in Bonn jaywalks, but sometimes they do after they see
me doing it [leading others into breaking the law].  Does my propensity to
jaywalk mean that I should be banned from being on the other side of the
street -- surely if I'm willing to break the law to cross the street, I
must be willing to rape and pillage as soon as I get to the other side,
no?

Eric Crampton