In a message dated 1/13/04 4:08:31 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>What would you suggest?  How can I demonstrate, in a
>relatively short period of time, that imposing equal
>wages isn't the best way to organize the world?

I used to do this all the time with my students in history classes at Iowa.
I'd ask them if they really thought a ditch digger without a high school
diploma should make as much as a doctor, a veterinarian, a lawyer, or someone else
with at least two degrees, or I'd  just ask them if they thought that after
they graduate and get a job with their degree if they thought they should get
paid as little as a ditch digger.  I've yet to hear students say "yes" to either
of those propositions.

David Levenstam