As a non-neutral party I can only say that IMO the "gun-to-the-head"
test is brilliant, on par with Nozick's dream machine.

Steve

On Mar 11, 2004, at 8:11 PM, Robert A. Book wrote:

As a neutral party who's not mentioned in the acknowledgements and has
never even met Bryan, I highly recommend this paper.  It's
fascinating!

--Robert

My new paper on the economics of mental illness, entitled "The
Economics
of Szasz" can now be downloaded from my webpage at:

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/bcaplan/szaszjhe.doc
--
                         Prof. Bryan Caplan
        Department of Economics      George Mason University

"I hope this has taught you kids a lesson: kids never learn."

--Chief Wiggum, *The Simpsons*