Err, Nash also decided to recognize "reality" on his own.

On Mar 24, 2004, at 9:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well we'd want to be hesitant about drawing conclusions from two data
points.
 I'd like to see what some researchers and practioners in medicine and
psychotherapy have to say about that.  We know, for instance, that
although Nash
might have been faking his schizophrenia that he could not apparently
distinguish
between the real world of markets and his mental world of sub-optimal
equilibria.  (That joke is for Bryan's benefit.)  :-)