On 2004-04-08, Bryan Caplan uttered:

>Question: If there were free migration between the U.S. and Canada,
>would Canada lose a lot of population to California, Florida, and other
>more desirable locations?

In fact we might expand the rationale to something I once asked: in the
event totally free economy ever came about, and transportation continued
to get cheaper, would the total populus of the Earth eventually live in
a narrow band centered on the equator? Alternatively, if the center of
this band was too hot or the tilt of the Earth with respect to its orbit
around the Sun required some correction, would we witness some other
circular concentration of population, or perhaps two separate bands
centered on a great (perhaps tilted) circle around the planet?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED], tel:+358-50-5756111