I'd disagree. There is a basic asymmetry in colonial situations. The
colonists are small in number and high visibility but the natives are huge
in number and it is very hard to pick out insurgents from the rest of the
population. Given that set up, advances in bomb technology seem to give a
relative advantage to insurgents.