(I tried to send this on September 7 from my other account;
 didn't notice until now that it was rejected for that reason.)

Michael Giesbrecht wrote:
. . . I am engaged in arguments with
people who are claiming that after the regional government threw in
the towel and told everyone to fend for themselves, that what then
transpired was a good indication of how markets respond in general. . . .