Their other products are worthless if the pdf format is not
standard. Who would produce a pdf document if all the users of
it had to pay not only the producer, but some thrid party, to view
it. There are many free alternatives. The reader has to be free to compete
with MS word and html and nsf and a host of other formats.

Pat McCann
GMU Undergrad