Robert Frommer Wrote:

> Also, the additional units are not expected to come close to
> filling demand
> at the MSRP.  In fact, the price on eBay for these units is
> expected to rise
> in the next few weeks, as families begin to do their
> Christmas shopping.

I will be interested to see how consumer demand plays out over the course of
a few months. I have several friends who are game developers, and one that
is a marketing director at a game development company. The game developers
personally own (and paid for with their own money) every game console
marketed in the last 10 (or so) years, but they are not planning on shelling
out their own cash for the PS2. No compelling reason to buy, they say.

My marketing director friend stated that, "Playstation took the market from
2D to 3D. Playstation II represents only an incremental improvement. We were
hoping for 4D. Ahem."

Michael Giesbrecht (who only wishes he was an economist.)
QA Test Engineer
IT Operations Software Engineering
Lucasfilm Ltd.