> What about e-mail spam? The technology seems to prohibit an effective ban
> on spam, yet neither an economic nor legal solution seems
> available. Any thoughts on whether spam can be reduced via
> some sort of economic or technical mechanism?
> Fabio

I don't have specific expertise on email technology, but as one who has done
computer programming, it seems to me that the simple solution is to require a
field in the email headers that would be set to 1 if the email fits the legal
definition of spam and 0 otherwise.
Software could then easily handle the spam.

Fred Foldvary

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]