From: Christopher Auld [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 7:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Me and the eminent econometrician Dr. Joyce

I am somewhat surprised no one has written to this list to give me a bad
time over my recent spate of media attention, for example

I found the whole experience of being misquoted, misrepresented, and
generally mistreated quite fascinating, albeit annoying.  I can state for
the record that "correlation does not imply causation" is far too advanced
a concept for most reporters, even those who are supposed to have a
technical bent.

My advice: When some reporter calls you up and asks you about your
research, say "No comment," hang up, change your phone number.

Cheers,

Chris Auld
Department of Economics
University of Calgary