--- Jonathan Kalbfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>... if the precipitous
> drop in the U.S. Equity and Debt markets

My reading is that the equity markets dropped but not the debt markets,
other than junk bonds.  What debt markets are you thinking of?

> have been solely as a result of money actually leaving the system to go
into more secure things like money market instruments,

Money does not leave the system.  When one person sells stocks, another
person is buying.  But evidently much new money is going to money market
funds.

> or is it merely that supply has outstripped demand

No, to my knowledge, there are fewer IPOs recently, not more.

> there is not enough money to go around.

There is plenty of money, as MZM has been growing rapidly during the past
few years.

> Won't this problem eventually solve itself as more issues become delisted
> from Exchange and OTC markets, or is this the kind of thing that will not
> right itself naturally?

There is little natural about current markets.

> it could have been easily prevented.

Yes, financially and economically.  But politically, it is hard to reform
the system.

Fred Foldvary

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]