Howdy,

A few years ago I read in the Christian Science
Monitor about a study that went approximately like
this:

The researchers compared income of those who had
college degrees and evidence of having actually with
those who claimed to have degrees but for whom the
college had no records of attendance, i.e. phony
degrees.  They also looked at income of of students
who went to college and earned no degree.  What they
found was that the degree itself had no significant
impact, but instead a strong correlation existed
between income earned and years attended.  In other
words, someone who attended for four years and didn't
get a degree could expect to make as much as someone
who went four years and got the degree as well.

Does anybody have any idea who did this study or where
I might find it?  I've searched CSM with no luck,
ditto for google.  I don't have access to any academic
resources like JSTOR (at least not locally, I have to
drive about an hour to the nearest community college).
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
jsh