My only trouble with the Warnick theory is whether it holds up under empirical
scrutiny. As a senior career official in the Office of Management and Budget and
two or three cabinet agencies, I witnessed the success and durability of many
tangents including PPB (Program, Planning, and Budgeting), MBO (Management by
Objectives), ZBB (Zero Based Budgeting), and currently PBM (Performance Based
Management).  There was one other during Bush 1 but I can't remember the
acronym.  Maybe Dr. Warnick does.

Rodney Weiher