Am Friday 18 February 2011 10:20:44 schrieb Stuart Winter:
> > But of course now I wonder what caused this serious fail:
> > * Did the Linux system (ARMed Slack 13.1) freeze and therefore corrupt
> > the file systems?
> > * Did the USB connection somehow got lost/unstable?
> > * Did the hard disk fail and therefore freeze the system?
> > * Problem with ext4 on ARM (I never had problems with it on my main PC)
>
> I've had Slackware arm 13.1 running on the box I use to build the eratta
> packages, since it was installed after 13.1 was released - I've had no
> problems with the ext4 filesystem on it.

Yes, did not have problems for a very long time and it was running almost
24/7. I've build 424 packages on this machine :)

> The problem could be anywhere -- perhaps take out the disc from the usb
> caddy and put it onto a bare IDE interface and try SMART?
> The disc or USB caddy could be faulty.

I guess it's the only thing I can do now. I hope this Seagate drive is a SATA
disk, otherwise I'll have problems to connect it to the PC.
It's the original Dockstar disk, does anybody now what interface is used?