-----Original Message-----

From: Gregg Levine <gregg.drw...@gmail.com>
To: Slackware ARM port <armedslack@lists.armedslack.org>
Sent: Wed, May 1, 2013 4:03 pm
Subject: Re: [ARMedslack] Slackware ARM on Raspberry Pi

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM,  <dowe...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The packages from Dave's Collective (Kernel 3.1.9) don't seem to support the
> extra memory on the revised Raspberry Pi Model B board. I think this is
> because the firmware package used is downlevel.
>
> So I've made some new firmware, kernel (3.6.11) and module packages. They
> can be found here http://www.dowelld.net/?p=43.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Hello!
Dave how did you get Slackware for ARM running on yours? I didn't have
much luck originally with my setup and decided to put it aside.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com

Hi Gregg,

I modified the Dave's Collective installer ramdisk image, so that I can do
headless installs.
I write that (plus the other required files) to a (50MB) (v)fat partition on an
SD card, then boot the Pi on that card.
Then I follow the standard install path to NFS install Slackware, except I use
a set of custom tagfiles to only install the packages I want.
I'm currently installing a modified version of 13.37, I've added the raspi-
packages to the y directory, and added them into the tagfile.

Would you like me to upload the files I'm using? So you can try them.

Regards
Dave