Hi.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Yan Jiao <y.j...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I’m trying to solve  my copynumber segmentation problem using aroma
> affymetrix, according to the Vignette
>
> I created a folder : rawData ,under my working directory, and inside that
> folder I created another folder Mapping50K_Hind240 , inside which I put my
> 600ish .cel file
>
> Isn’t it correct?

No.  You missed that you need a data set directory to under rawData,
e.g. rawData/NameOfMyDataSet/Mapping50K_Hind240/.  See for instance
page 'Setup: Quick Summary Of Required File Structure'
[http://aroma-project.org/node/79].  See also
http://aroma-project.org/setup/.

> Then I did :
>

> ds <- doCRMAv1("R:/work/breast/breast data files/MYC/rawData",
> chipType="Mapping50K_Hind240")

You should never have to specify a path/directory when using the aroma
framework, instead it should look something like:

ds <- doCRMAv1("NameOfMyDataSet", chipType="Mapping50K_Hind240");

Since the aroma framework nows where to look for data files, it is all
automagically taken care of.

Hope this helps

Henrik