Thanks for the clarification with that,
When I try to open up the arrayExplorer in firefox nothing seems to
load, under unix this is the error i'm getting:
 Error: cannot open display:

When I took a look in the spatial file directory there were no files
there, which I believe is what the problem would be?
I was just following the codes from the Vignette: HUman exon array
anaysis (Human exon array)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
-K

Here's my code if its of help:

library(aroma.affymetrix)
verbose <- Arguments$getVerbose(-8, timestamp=TRUE)

cdf<-AffymetrixCdfFile$byChipType("HuEx-1_0-st-v2") #cdf file name
should be the same as the chipType
print(cdf)
####AffymetrixCdfFile:
Filename: HuEx-1_0-st-v2.CDF
Filesize: 305.88MB
Chip type: HuEx-1_0-st-v2
RAM: 0.00MB
File format: v4 (binary; XDA)
Dimension: 2560x2560
Number of cells: 6553600
Number of units: 1432154
Cells per unit: 4.58
Number of QC units: 0#####

cs<-AffymetrixCelSet$byName("Control", chipType="HuEx-1_0-st-v2")
#####AffymetrixCelSet:
Name: Control
Tags:
Platform: Affymetrix
Chip type: HuEx-1_0-st-v2
Number of arrays: 4
Names: HuEx1_0028, HuEx1_0028, HuEx1_0035, HuEx1_0035
Time period: 2010-09-28 19:06:17 -- 2010-09-28 19:37:21
Total file size: 255.97MB
RAM: 0.01MB #####

setCdf(cs, cdf)

bc <- RmaBackgroundCorrection(cs, tag="coreR2")
csBC <- process(bc,verbose=verbose)
qn <- QuantileNormalization(csBC, typesToUpdate="pm")

csN <- process(qn, verbose=verbose)
getCdf(csN)
plmTr <- ExonRmaPlm(csN, mergeGroups=TRUE)
print(plmTr)
plmEx <- ExonRmaPlm(csN, mergeGroups=FALSE)

fit(plmTr, verbose=verbose)
rs <- calculateResiduals(plmTr, verbose=verbose)

ae <- ArrayExplorer(rs)
setColorMaps(ae, c("log2,log2neg,rainbow", "log2,log2pos,rainbow"))
process(ae, interleaved="auto", verbose=verbose)
display(ae)
###Error: cannot open display: [server domain name]:0 ###