Hi,

the solution to this problem is to filter out the PCR fragments by
length that you wish the fragment-length normalization step should
utilize, e.g.

ds <- doASCRMAv2("MEFa_1", chipType="MOUSEDIVm520650", lengthRange=c(450,2000))

For more background, see:

[1] Post 'aroma.affymetrix v2.0.0 released' on 2011-02-18 [http://goo.gl/qb7ja]
[2] aroma.affymetrix' NEWS files
[http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/aroma.affymetrix/NEWS]
[3] Thread 'Exception: Cannot fit normalization function to enzyme,
because there are no (finite) data points that are unique to this
enzyme: 1' on [http://goo.gl/PyMk6]

The latter explains the history and why it did not use to work.

Hope this helps

/Henrik