Hi

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM, marco <hardstar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot!!
> Yes,i did the same job previously.
> How does aroma.affymetrix make the result "persistent" and
> "memorized"?

FYI, it is indeed "memoized" (without "r"), cf. the R.cache package
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoization

> Are such results stored in disk files like .RData?

Mostly it stores intermediate results as CEL files, but yes, some are
binary R data files, especially the memoized results.  For more
details see:

H. Bengtsson, K. Simpson, J. Bullard & K. Hansen, aroma.affymetrix: A
generic framework in R for analyzing small to very large Affymetrix
data sets in bounded memory, Tech Report #745, Department of
Statistics, University of California, Berkeley, February 2008.
Download: http://aroma-project.org/publications/

The following may also do be useful:

http://aroma-project.org/howtos/DeleteIntermediateDataFilesWhileKeepingFinalOnes
http://aroma-project.org/howtos/MigrateAndReproduceAnAnalysisElsewhere

> Does it matter If i restart the computer?

No.  You can force processing by using argument 'force=TRUE' in the
calls to process() and fit().  Alternatively, you can just delete the
directory that contains the result files you wish to redo.

/Henrik