Dear Mr. Krishna Prasad,

I fully admit and endorse your views cocerning the subject that ARR not deserves a place in the top 20's but he is No.1 composer the world has seen.....

The back ground score of ARR in the legend of Bhagat Singh, Bombay, Padayappa, Kanathil Muthamittal and the recent Mangal Pandey, beyond any doubts, goes to show and establishes that ARR is the world's No.1 yesterday, today and tommorow.

If any one who is really enjoys the aesthetic touch of Rythem, one will certainly vote ARR.
Whether, you listen MARGAZI POOVAI from May Madham, CHINNA CHINNA AASAI from Roja, PATTAM POOCHI from En Suvasa Katre, NARUMUGAYE from Iruvar, you can find the athentic flavour and fragrance of melody and a melody blended with classic  touch. Listen to the old song of Naushad's Baiju Bawra...... Bachpan ki Mohababat ko dil se na bhola de na.... sung by Lata mangeshkar or Dua kar ghame dil khuda se dua kar... sung by lata in Anar kali and composed by C. Ramachandra...or Alaimaniyin osai naan kettain, sung by P.susheela and composed by VR.  you can sense and feel the presence of our living legend ARR in those olden days also.  Friend, I had the pleasure of meeting the Musical legend of Yester years Mr. Naushad Ali Khan in the year 2002 in Mumbai. During my meeting with Naushad, I asked several questions related to his musical years for which he gave a patient hearing. Finally when I asked his opinion about the music composed by the new music directors, he opined that" during his days they were composing the songs and the present Music directors are now manufacuring the songs"  when I intervened and asked about our ARR, he quitely said this will not apply to him(ARR) because of the reason that he is the only music director of par excellence not only liked by the south indians, but also in the north to the greater extent in the modern times, including him (Naushad). A simple Praise from the Musical Pillar of India Mr. Naushad Ali Khan is more than sufficient to adjudge our ARR .... the World's Number ONE.

Finally, not only Dada Saheb Phlke Award Winner Mr. Naushad, praises the magnanimous and outstanding compositions of our boss, the one and only ARR, but, also the another legendary Singer Mr. Manna dey, presently residing in Bangalore, rates ARR is the No. 1 in our country.

Thank you so much and to be continued.

With warm regards,

Shaik Mahaboob,

krishna prasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi,

Guys I hav been saying this all along.........ARR not jus deserves a place in the top 20's but he is the NO1 composer the world has ever seen.........

Consider the other composers in the list.They were fantastic no doubt but in their own sphere be it musicals or conducting orchestras at Broadway.So to put it in a nutshell they come under the "English Musical Sphere" for instance.

Also consider the fellow who ranked ARR.He has seen jus one face of ARR his ie his "PENCHANT FOR COMPOSING MUSICALS".

Now consider these facts:
1. ARR is the only fellow in the list "WHO HAS BRIDGED THE LANGUAGE BARRIER" as he says music has no language.

2. He has made Indians listen 2 Broadway musicals and made the English Audience take note of the power and substance of INDIAN MUSIC combined with technological advancements.I don't feel this has happened the otherway round with the other composers in the list.

When noted actor Kamal Hasan was asked , " If u were born in America u would hav won 2 , 3 Oscars by now, he said that the real skill lies in taking the opponent on, in his own battleground and that one could prove oneself from where they are and need not complain about own place.

In my opinion its ARR who has done it hands down.He has faced different situations and has excelled in each one of them.

So in the revised list ARR is the No.1 composer considering all his feats.

Expecting ur views in this subject.

REALISE THE ULTIMATE TRUTH.....REALISE ARR....

Bye

nshankar47 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey Buddies!!
    After listening to Water one would definetely
place Rahman in the top 20 "New Age" composers of the world
currently for simply the range of genres he has
attempted and each of them reproduced almost
faithfully and true to the genre..
    Bailamore from Kadhal Virus might have sounded
like crap to some but it was
perfect techno trance he did.
    Jazz in Vaan Nila from Kadhal Virus
    Hip Hop, Pop, Rap, Rock, Fusion.  From all those
complex orchestrations to minimal music, classical melodies like
Piya Ho. Able to perfectly transport us to the 60's
with songs like "Poo Kodiyin Punnagai" from  Iruvar...
to the Lands of the silk route where many cultures fused...
crazy songs for crazy movies like Paarthale Paravasam..he's
simply amazing..he delivers music that perfectly suits the mood
of the movie and the scene.
    I salute Rahman sir..I thank God infinitely for always
blessing him to be a humble, good and God fearing human being..
All praises to Almighty for giving this world and India
such an amazing personality.

Nshankar

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

A.R.Rahman Live in Bangalore - October 8th, 2005
The Countdown Begins - Its D-day!!!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS