The guest list included Prasoon Joshi -Lyricist, Rakeysh [extra 'y' now] Omprakash Mehra - director, Aamir Khan and AR Rahman. As soon as the guests wlked in the crowd went bezerk. The security guards had a tough time handling the crowd.... but they managed to do a good job. ARR was the first to speak.. huge cheers accompanied. When asked to hum a few lines ARR introduced Naresh Iyer to the crowd and Ru Ba Ru followed. Naresh Iyer got a great response from the crowd but when ARR started crooning the crowd went into a frenzy. I have it on a video!!! When the comperer turned towards Prasoon Joshi... no one was interested. Everyone wanted more of ARR. The chants of 'Rahman Rahman' started echoing through out. It only stopped when Prasoon said that he will be singing a song from Rang de basanti... and he did sing the title song quite well. Then it was Aamir's turn to address the crowd. Surprisingly not many were interested again. Chants of 'Rahman Rahman' started again and finally Aamir had to convince ARR to sing a number for the crowd. I guess ARR realised that he had to sing for crowd and was recollecting the words of a song in his mind... his lip movements at that time did show that he was trying to remember the lyrics of some song. What followed was 'Khalbali' and the crowd wen into a frenzy again. When ARR was done with Khalbali we started chanting 'Dil Se Dil Se'. ARR pointed out to the CD of RDB, as if to say "Guys its the music lanuch of RDB, why Dil SE????" Finally Aamir got to speak only because he decided to recite 'Lalkaar' as he has done for the album. I dont know whether they were running short of time or was it because of the crowds behaviour Rakeysh Mehra never got to speak.
They were rushed to the Barista at the first level and followed was a group foto session with all the stars. I managed to sneak into the second batch of people. Finally the moment of my life arrived when I met ARR. I got to shake hands with him [how I wish i dont have to wash my hands ever again] Then I sat on the chair behind which ARR was standing and we got a snap clicked. I told him more members of the yahoo group were still waiting down for their chance to meet their idol. Once we clicked the snap we were asked to push off. I just reached down when there was an announcement that all Yahoo Fan group members were being called for a foto session. Myself Swapnil and Rakesh rushed back again for that. While we were sitting the fotographer was busy shooting Aamir with a fan of his. ARR asked the fotographer to hurry up. I told him "we really dont mind the delay" after all we dont get to see him in flesh and blood every day. To that he chuckled, patted on my back and said... "well there are others waiting too.. they might miss out" Truly considerate.. We had a group snap taken and then we reluctantly walked down again. We decided that we will wait at Planet M till the time ARR was there. The stars were then finally frisked away from the back entrance.
Swapnil knows Naresh Iyer well and so we got to meet him. Incidentally Naresh was invited to have dinner with ARR and group but he decided not to join them. Only if the invitation was extended to us. We would have willingly hosted the dinner too
I have clicked few snaps of ARR which I will post on the group site soon. BTW RDB rocks
Regards
Karthik
Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The Magic.
Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SPONSORED LINKS
| Country music artists | New music artists | New country music artists |
| Christian music artists | Music artists | Unsigned music artist |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "arrahmanfans" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

