Hi everybody,

                  Hope all are doing good.

For many of our group members those who does not understand tamil, here is the interview's translation in english.

If anybody (tamil knowns) finds any mistake please do correct it.

It starts..............

When we meet Rahman, the first thing strikes us is his simplicity. Though he is famous, has earned name, money, etc., he is simple as before. He is so calm that he views his victory from distance saying “All glory goes to God”. These characters belong to Rahman only.

The following is the conversation with Rahman……

Ques: Right from “Roja” you composed music in a new style. Now, everybody are composing music to your style. You have the compulsion to go to the next level?

Rahman: When music is concerned, style is not the only thing. Many things are there more over to it. Style can be copied. But, ones uniqueness can’t be copied.

Ques: Now, Indian music has started (sounding) all over the world……..?

Rahman: Yes, our Indian music has started sounding in foreign countries on the surface level. For example, our music exists there in a new form like, the “Taal” movie song is cut and a Rap music mix is added to it. “Thaaiya Thaaiya” is taking place in Spike Lee’s Hollywood movie. Similarly, many big trials are going on. Cine music also has gained world level recognition apart from Ravi Shankar’s , Zakir Hussain’s. This is a vital point in time for Indian music.

Ques: Is there any special reason for you to compose music at night? What is that secret?

Rahman: When I was in my teen age, I worked for other composers during the day. Only in the night I worked for me and my music. As I got used to it for many years, when it comes to my music, it’s like ‘only at night’. Apart from it, the calmness and peace won’t come in other timing.

Ques: Today, you are world famous. What reason do you think which is behind it?

Rahman: God is the reason. I believe in God. I feel the motivation, “get up. You can do it.” from the God whenever I am depressed. Then, my mother’s prayers and blessing are with me. Apart form it, friends are there. Sekar Kapoor introduced my composition to Andrew. This is a big step. Helping our own guy is not a usual thing. So, what Sekar Kapoor did is a big thing.

Ques: How is it sitting in such an elevated level?

Rahman: Actually, I didn’t come here with the aim to become a big composer. I never thought of making more money, composer for more movies etc... Until 2001, I never had an aim like that. I thought of earning only after building my studio. I worked a lot at my young age. So even now, I often think of packing everything and sit simply. If we are so, we don’t need to fear for anything. Do what we like. My life is like, the oil in the sea which does not stick to any thing.

Ques: As a normal teenage, what was your aim?

Rahman: As I did many programs during my young age, I was not able to go to college. I was not able to be with my friends. Because of this, lot of depression. I even thought like “Why am I here?.”. At that time I used to say to my mom “Life is boring”. She says, ‘You live for others. Your life will be interesting’. This is what I am following.

Ques: Even for a big maestro, there is point for anybody, beyond that they feel boring or exhausted. If such a state reaches you……?

Rahman: If we are composing, that music should reach everybody. We are working for that only. But, if it does not reach everyone, its better to find some other work and go after it..(Laughing).

......The end of the short interview with Rahman....

Hope now, non tamil members are clear about the interview.

Take Care

--Saleem.

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS