friends u have misunderstood me big time. i am not comparing MD's.
im just expressing my opinion that yesteryears music composers and
singers need not criticise todays generation. not only rahman. just
to put rd burman on top y is she pulling d entire generation down?
is that right? even people who loved saigal didn't like rd burman.
so can v say that rd burmans generation is no where compared to
saigals? i have d greatest respect for asha bhonsale. and that is
for her singing. she is d best or mayb second to only lata
mangeshkar. but pls do not criticise this generation. she criticised
remixes and what did she do with cha cha cha? just becos she is asha
shud v like that too? i know rahman respects asha a lot and even she
respects rahman.i know rd burman was a trendsetter. but even he was
criticised in his career. im not comparing him with rahman bcos he's
my 2nd best music director. all said and done, rahman is the best.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, || V i s h w e s h ||
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a height of senseless talking. You are just assuming
things & overreacting to that. & what is worse, that u are talking
nonsense about a legend who gave her whole life to music. ARR
himself respects her so much. She is one of the greatest voices in
Indian music. & for that matter, one of ARR's favorite singers. ARR
too is one of her favorite MDs. She always speaks about him in a
very affectionate way. So when she says "today's MDs", pls keep in
mind that ARR is an "honorable exception" for that by Default. And
by the way, she is as popular as ARR if not more, all over the
world, so she being jealous of ARR is the most ridiculous thing I've
read recently.

>   And for God's sake, stop comparing between other MDs & ARR. &
stop defending him in this silly way of bashing others. In recent
times, this "verbal bashing" is very much increased in our group,
someone says something about ARR, & many starts bashing him/her
without any obvious thinking. Just like here, Asha ji wasn't even
referring to ARR, but still, she's receiving this "dosage of facts
n' figures" without any due respect. You say that "u respect asha
and rd burman a lot", but I didn't found any of that in your mail.

>   ARR reads our mails guys, and I don't think that reading
comments like these, written by his "die-hard fans", would make him
very happy. So pls THINK before writing such mails. And even if u
write it, THINK TWICE before sending it.