Dear Friends and Fellow Rahman fans.....

After seeing the arguments and counterarguments over recent ARR movie
releases and the kind of loose comments I read in this group and in
outside media, I have been thinking how it would be if ARR becomes a
full time music composer who produces his own albums, not necessarily
for a movie, but on a particular theme or just any issue which he
fancies.

Movie music is a tricky issue. At one stroke, ARR has to please the
back benchers, the dress circle, the balcony, the critics, the music
companies, the directors and producers, and us the die hard fans.....
So much pressure !!!! Then there is never ending issue about top 10
or top 5 and hit or flop... It pains to listen to some nerd critic
that particular movie of ARR is not upto the mark. What mark ? who
has set it ? what is the basis ? no body wants to frame the
parameters, just loose comments.......

I have been following ARR's career from the ROJA days and till now
with great efforts and with help from this group and GOPALs
information have collected almost ALL songs of ARR. To me all of his
work is outstanding but Believe me, some of his compositions are out
of this world, take the case of SET ME FREE ( particulaly the
instrumental piece TAKE 9 )then the song Naan Paadum Santham - Duet
and his own Vande Maataram album ( Title song and Revival ), Eshwar
Allah from 1947Earth, Nathiye Nathiye from Rhythm, the entire WATER
album and recently Vaneessa Mae - Raaga Dance !

Fabulous compositions all these !!!!!

These and many more compositions remind me of JAZZ format where the
composer and musical instrumentalist takes charge of the situation
and play whatever pleases them more than anything else. No pressure
of playing to the gallery. Just do what you like to do !!!

No need to convince ARR or anyone that ARR has talent to make it BIG
on his own as an independent music composer with or without movie
music. He is now at a stage in his life and career, where he need not
overwork and thus conserve his art energy for some SPECIAL and
meaningful creations.

May be he can still cater to the popular demand and make few movies
per year and in addition to that, produce say 2-3 albums himself on
just anything which his heart and inner voice says JUST DO IT !

As the NASA director JOHN says to Mohan Bhargav in SWADES, I would
like to take the liberty in saying this to ARR,

" DEAR ARR, Go and record your dreams !!"

Best regards
Dinesh Vaidya