As of 6 PM IST on 4th Dec, we have collected Rs. 26157.

(All USD contributions converted to INR @ Rs. 44.20)

Name    Amount in Rs.

Bharath Venkatesan      2210
Anil Nair       2210
Raghavendra Angara      1105
Sriram S.       1001
Anand Bharathan 4420

Others who have requested their quantum of contribution to remain confidential

Name    Amount in Rs.

Anees   Conf.
Vijay Iyer      Conf.
Gopal Srinivasan        Conf.
Ramesh Raghupathy   Conf.

Those who have expressed their intention to contribute.

Name
Fani Kalyan
Sunil and Lakshmi
Balaji Prasad
Vaidyanathan
Krishna Kanth
Radhakrishnan
Rakesh Gowda
Gajenthar
Gomtesh
Prabhu
Triply
Sridhar Raman

We can do much better, please buck up and let more responses flow in.

Thanks,
Gopal.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So far, only 15 people have contacted me. Surely, many more can
afford to be generous. Please
> contribute wholeheartedly. Don't worry about how much you can
contribute. Every penny counts.

> > On 1/3/07, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I must begin by apologizing for deciding on this at so late  a
time. I
> > > seek your co-operation
> > > in making the following initiative a success.
> > >
> > > 2007 is a momentous year in ARR's life. He would not only be
completing 40
> > > years of his
> > > lifetime but also 15 years in the film industry as a composer.
He has also
> > > recently launched
> > > the A.R.Rahman Foundation whose goals are to channelize funds to
> > > institutions and activities
> > > that will help realize the 2015 UN Millennium Development Goals
> > > (http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/). ARR proposes to contribute a
> > > considerable portion of his
> > > own income to this cause while generating funds from other
sources as
> > > well. In this context, I
> > > feel it is very appropriate for us fans to be one of the first
> > > contributors to his foundation
> > > on the occasion of his 40th birthday.
> > >
> > > Therefore, I invite fellow fans on this forum to make your
contribution
> > > which I will pool
> > > together and forward to ARR.
> > >
> > > Given the very short time at our disposal this is what I have
planned.

> > > a. Starting now and up till 12 PM IST on the 6th of January 2007,
> > > contributions may be made to
> > > my accounts via online transfer.
> > > b. I will write out a cheque in favour of the A.R.Rahman
Foundation and
> > > send a scan of it to
> > > ARR by email the same day and physically mail the cheque out as
well. If
> > > possible, we will work
> > > on presenting it in person, but that is of lower priority at the
moment.
> > > c. I will post a complete list of contributors with the amount,
on the
> > > group.
> > > d. To ensure transparency I will turn moderation off for a
certain period
> > > to ensure that people
> > > can freely write in with any concerns on their contributions.
> > >
> > > This is what you need to if you intend to make a contribution:
> > >
> > > a. I can accept online transfers to the following banks -
CItibank, HSBC,
> > > HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank
> > >
> > > b. International donors could consider using online services like
> > > remit2india or send money via
> > > PayPal to my ID [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > > c. I will not share my bank account details on a public forum. Those
> > > wanting to make a
> > > contribution, kindly write to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  immediately with
> > > your
> > > preferred mode and I
> > > will provide you with the necessary details to effect the transfer.
> > >
> > > For those who are unable to contribute in this short time frame, the
> > > foundation will soon make
> > > public, information on how you can contribute directly.
> > >
> > > Hoping for a good response,
> > > Gopal.
> > >

> > > Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
> > > <b>
> > > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.