*Amitabh Bachchan on "Guru"*
*"Yes, I saw Guru last night and I've asked to see it again today and I
shall want to see it a 100 times over. It is Mani's best. And I speak as a
viewer, not as a father. I have held myself back on many an occasion from
commenting on my son's work, but this time I shall not. To hell with
niceties and restraint. Abhishek is incredible! I have been choked with
emotion ever since I have emerged from the theatre and still am. This is a
role of a lifetime for him and he has given a performance of a lifetime.
It's a role any actor worth his salt would die for and it's a performance
that any actor worth his salt will envy. This is the truth, because it comes
from within. For someone so young to have performed the way he has, is a
revelation. It is the culmination of his strife to prove himself in the face
of continuing odds and innuendos. And it is ironic, so ironic, that this is
what Guru is all about. The determination, the will and the strength of a
common man to succeed in the face of unending obstacles and his courage of
conviction, to emerge victorious. You've never been like this before! My
father wrote in his biography 'When a father loses to his son, it is his
greatest victory!' I've lost to my son! And I'm the happiest father alive!
As for working with Mani, I called him last night after the showing and told
him, 'Now that you have made my son's life, could you make mine as well,
please?' I don't wish to foresee anything for myself in 2007 now. I have
already foreseen what I want to see, last night!"*
 http://bollywood.celebden.com/?p=932

Reply via email to