From: Dinesh Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 6 November, 2007 9:29:26 AM
Subject: [arr] Re: Water in Tamil ? Why not !

Sunder Bhai

I agree TOTALLY ! Rahman is long overdue for a classical and
critically hit album in Tamil. We have seen and heard quite a few
commercially correct albums recently. However, when we talk about
Rahman's classics, we always come upto to his pre-2000 movies.....and
stop there !

I miss "Thota Thota" / "Nathiye Nathiye" / "Vellai Pookkal" / "Nan
Padum Sandam" / "Raasathi" / "Pacchi Nirame" kind of melodious songs.

Surprised about the 100% Tamil song selection ? Even though I am a
non-Tamil speaking person, I rate his Tamil songs HIGHEST amongst all
songs for the melody. When the Tamil movie songs were taken as
something standard, he dared to do different and he did it superbly !

Rahman has a strong foundation in Carnatic music and together with
his expertise in Western classical and rhythm, I guess, he is
definitely planning something which pleases the critics.

Yes, haven't heard NAVIN's flute in recent movies either...... .

Best regards
Dinesh Vaidya

--- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com, Sunder <scubem2004@ ...> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I wish ARR comes up with a classical music, full of melody like he
did in water. He has done Kandokondaen kandukondaen, sangamam before,
but they are not pure classical albums. It would be great if he does
that. What you guys say?

> Regards
>
> S.Sunder
>

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive
online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

      Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.
Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups