From: jamshid TC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 28 January, 2008 9:21:13 AM
Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Can someone define "living up to ARR's own standards"?

For that matter i cried once when i was listening to Lukka chuppi from rang de
basanti and "yeh jo des hei tear" in some other occation

One important thing what chord mentioned in his earlier mail. When rahman came
he introduced a new type of music to the people in india.His style was totally
diffrent from the contemporary music directors that time .So everything he
delievred that time was something people got to experince diffrent from others.
and then we know , he set that trend and somany people followed his school.That
time  people  could listen to a song and tell that its that "new guy's song" .
While today its gone.its tough to diffrentiate for a non-rahman fan :-).

apart from this aspect as chord said , for me rahman's standard of music
composition
has improved a lot from those days.I feel rahman can easily deliver a
"raakkozhi randum muzhichirukku" or " pennalla pennalla" even now but it won't
stand apart . But rahman with what he was that time i don't expect a "yeh jo
des hei tera"  or  "khalbali " from him.

I would say ,that time he could just deliver the gifted talent he got and it
got easily accepted and stood apart. where as today, he is putting immense hard
work on top of his gifts to stand apart.

-Jamshid

--- On Sun, 1/27/08, shanavas.chemmamkuz hi <shanavas.chemmamkuz [EMAIL