Hi, I agree with you Aravind. Also it's not easy to digest all 17
songs (JTJYN & ADA) in one go. While JTJYN is instantly catchy, ADA
is a Classic and comes in the league of Rahman's greatest albums. I
can say  that breaziness/charm of JTJYN has almost overshadowed the
brilliance of Ada, even among his fan circles...

BTW these days I'm a crazy fan of "Ishq Ada" male version. What a
bold song concept by ARR and brilliant rendition by Rashid Ali!!
(forget about his urdu diction :) ) The brilliant overlaying of
Alaaps and Accordiion coming in and out makes really mesmerizing
hearing..(accordion accompaniment after 3:00 is amazing..just listen
it!! )

~Avinash

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Aravind AM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a thought here - I feel there should be sufficient time gap
between 2 ARR releases... Though we feel elated on getting two
albums separated by a few days, we should also look at the other
side of the coin...  one ARR album cannibalises the sales of the
other one....

> Two albums in one month (let alone in 1 day) will not be
affordable to all. Not many would want to spend on two albums in one
month.... Moreover, there are lots of students who are ARR fans, and
they can't afford 2 albums. And of course, they can't wait... They
download MP3s, and once they get MP3s, they never buy the album..

>  I know at least 4 friends of mine who are students, who used to
buy all of ARR CDs. They couldnt afford both Ada and JTYJN, so they
bought just JTYJN.... Reason: parents object to 2 albums in a month!
These are no isolated cases, and i guess this must be happening
everywhere...

> On a similar note, two movies of the same lead-actor never release
on the same day. If two films of an actor are ready for release at
about the same time, the producers of the two films negotiate and
one of them postpones the release by a few weeks.... I've seen that
happen many times in tamil film industry.

> Similarly, can't ARR can also intervene in audio release dates?
I'm sure he will hav that much influence...