Most of the time I prefer Rahman's soft songs to get that calmness
and devine spirit, and my favourites are Vellai Pookal, Nahin Samne,
Uyirum Neeye, Tu bin bataye (and recently Mellow soft "Kahin To").
The tranquilizing guitar of "Vellai Pookal", mesmersing voice
in 'Nahin Samne', the mother worship mood of 'Uyirum neeye' and
haunting melody of Tu bin bataye, really rejuvenates my devine
spirit.

~Avinash :)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, sujith s kumar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Let's have an insight into our music tastes. Go deep into the
psyche ad come out with one song you consider to be purely divine in
nature.  It could be any song and it is also very personal. Often
Rahman says that the song comes from above and  that he is just an
instrument. So let me start of this discussion with my personal
favourite

> MUNBE VAA ( SILLUNU ORU KADHAL )
>
> I know it is many of your favourites.  Well, it is not mine.  It
is not just my favourite, rather i would say it is my lifeline.  The
more I listen to this song,  the more I feel rejuvenated.  Till
today I consider this song straight from heavens where I imagine the
gandharvas playing in the skies and that Rahman has brought this for
the earthlings.  No matter how much I write about this song,  I feel
empty.  I like to speak about this song, listen to this song and
devour this brilliance.  Last week a north Indian friend of mine
comes up to me  and asks for this song. Being a bit possessive about
this song, I was reluctant to share in the beginning.  But the
divine nature of this song caught up in me and pushed me into
passing the song to him.  Such is the power of this song. My friend,
who doesnt have any idea of tamil, is taken aback by the
composition.  I am only  glad to exlplain the lyrics and the
situation in the movie.  I am blessed!!!!

http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/