Ya, I also noticed in recent years Rahman's music is becoming little
louder and less filtered. I've been observing this trend Post 'R.D.B'
albums.

One thing I'm sure that, presently Rahman is giving less importance to
the fine tuning of his songs. It's becoz lack of time and no gain in
putting such effort in current music trend.

Yuvraj is a great album with everything, great melodies, lyrics,
rahmanish singing styles, symponies etc. But what I'm missing is those
ARR's trademark fine nuances, strong bass lines and improvisations in
orchestrations. Afterall I'm a hardcore Rahmaniac just becoz of his
Bombay, Kadalan, Tiruda Tiruda (and most of the albums in those period)
:)

Another thing I noticed in recent albums is, his songs are becoming more
performer freindly. I mean most of JTJYN and some songs of Ada, JA and
Yuvvraj can be performed in current Talent shows without missing notes
:) And orchestrations are simple to perform on stages...

Also, before people will think thrice(!) before  using Fanah, Mukabala,
O humdum soniyore on dance floors becoz of high quality and seriousness
in the songs. But now Pappu Can't dance , Taxi Taxi and shano shano are
everywhere becoz easiness of beats and whacky lyrics :) .  So I can say
I'm happy in bothways... :)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gomzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I really doubt if its the issue with the music companies. This started
with
> ARR's Bose i think.
> The chorus part just goes haywire.
>
> If you check recent soundtracks like Omkara, Singh is King, Parineeta
> etc....i find them to be of very good
> quality.
>
> Something that ARR needs to know?
>
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Neetika raina [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> > Krish Bro,
> > I completely agree with you...This loudness is sometimes very
irritating.
> > My fav song "In Lamhon ke daman mein (JA)"...when the chorus hits
the peak,
> > its a torture to hear wid high volume..
> > I love dis song so much..but its a pain to decrease the volume
everytime
> > wen the chorus part comes..
> > ARR is the one who introduced Quality sound to Indians...
> > I think its the fault of music companies :( :(
> > Whoever is responsile for this mistake should take care of this
issue next
> > time.. as its a very serios problem arising from past few
releases!!!

> > ARR tracks are gems...should be taken extra care while handling!!!
> >
> > ~Love Music Love Life
> > Neetika Raina

Kolkata,
> > Mumbai, New Delhi
> > Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Tutu's Take- Indiafm Review of Yuvraaj
> >
> > am I the only one disappointed by the increasing trend in recent ARR
albums
> > to be loud?
> >
> > No.. I'm also here..
> >
> > All the songs of ARR's recent Albums are touching the Peak level in
the
> > Sound Forge as well as Nuendo Softwares though it is not jarring or
causing
> > any distortion. I was thinking about it when I heard the
Sakkarakatti Songs
> > in Sound Forge. Thought it happened because AR's songs were missing
H.
> > Shridhar Sir in the crew. But in Yuvvraaj he's credted and he has
done the
> > entire Mixing and Mastering (with Sivakumar Sir). Still all the
songs hit
> > the Peak level. I think this is bit a serious issue on a Sound
Engineer's
> > point of view. Because AR's each and every song is like a reference
book for
> > a Sound Engineer.. I learned and am learning a lot of things by
analysing
> > his old and latest mixes.
> > I think some kind of magic is missing in the mixes of some songs.
> > I said before that this is just a Sound Engineer's point of view.
Apart
> > from these kind of some minute things , his songs are real real gems
for the
> > audience. full satisfaction guaranteed ! I always believe that one
could not
> > enjoy his songs if he keeps on looking and digging out such small
small
> > things. But professionally we've to admit this.
> > Hope AR will take care of it in future and avoid touching the peak
levels
> > of his songs. :-)
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > regards..
> >
> > Krish..
> > His Music ~ My Mother Tongue
> >

> > --- On Wed, 22/10/08, Ramesh R
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<triscodeca%40yahoo.com>>
> > wrote:
> > From: Ramesh R [EMAIL PROTECTED] <triscodeca%40yahoo.com>>
> > Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Tutu's Take- Indiafm Review of Yuvraaj
> > To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com <arrahmanfans%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Date: Wednesday, 22 October, 2008, 10:05 AM
> >
> > Why is it that every time there's a less-than-favorable review of an
ARR
> > album there are a number of fans waiting to attack the reviewer?
"Tootsie
> > pop"? "Arrogant man"? Do you really need all the name calling?
> > A review, aside from attempting some sort of analysis or critique,
is just
> > one person's opinion of how he or she reacts to something. Obviously
we all
> > react differently or else this would be a boring place. Reading
Joginder
> > Tuteja's review it looks like he is less than impressed because he
finds
> > some of the tracks very situational and he was expecting something
bigger.
> > That's his reaction and that's perfectly fine. You can choose to
disagree
> > with his viewpoint and have your own. That's fine too.
> > On the other hand every Tom, Dick and Harry who mentions something
about
> > the album
> > in a blog gets posted here. A lot of these posts sound like the
gushings of
> > a fanboy with hardly any critique or analysis. Why is it that such
posts are
> > treated as great reviews even if they lack a cogent argument or any
> > substance at all?
> >
> > Gopal & Vithur,
> > Could you folks excercise some restraint when you post blog articles
> > especially about album reviews? By all means do post something if
you think
> > that it attempts some form of critique. But please spare us the
ramblings.
> > Or perhaps, just post a link to the blog and let folks who're
interested
> > check it out if they're interested.
> >
> > Back to Yuuvraaj...
> > There are a number of things that bother me about Yuuvraaj (and
other
> > recent ARR works) but for now... am I the only one disappointed by
the
> > increasing trend in recent ARR albums to be loud? Here's what I see
when I
> > load the clips in Audacity-
> > http://i36.tinypic. com/2eksooz. jpg
> > Check the Youtube post on Loudness War for the context.
> >
> > RR

http://www.zigwheels.com/b2cam/newsDetails.action?name=Emb11_20080731&pa\
th=/INDT/News/Emb11_20080731&page=1&pagecount=2&utm_source=indmail&utm_m\
edium=footer&utm_content=tracking&utm_campaign=Nletter_07oct2008_ZW