Watching the promos of "Jhoota Hi Sahi" made go back to Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na
once. Just listening to JTYJN after a long time. Beautiful album. Loved it back
then and still love it. Every song gives an impression that it has been
meticulously done, with lot of care.
Just few random thoughts:
1. Tu Bole - Such a nice jazz, with original instruments. The beauty of live
instruments is totally different. Loved the keyboards and the chords usage.
2. Nazrein Milaana - The tune is so unpredictable when it begins. The free
style format. I love the tune when it goes "Aankhon mein koyi basaa".. very
celebrative!
3. Kabhi Kabhi Aditi - The nylon string guitar is impressive to everyone
anyway. The simple tune is what that works. And that flute which comes in the
end.. thats ARR stamp.
4. Kahi To - A nice ballad. Infact I sometimes find parallels to "Bhoola Tujhe"
too (not just because the singer is same). A simple melody. If this song were
in english, during 90s, it would have topped these MTV, Channel-V etc.
5. Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Female) - Both the male and female versions are
actually pathos only and treating them differently is challenging. I like the
fact that arr treats this in a very edgy way, with lot synth tone, in a
stylised way
6. Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Male) - This one is given a poignant ballad feel,
with little orchestral elements and the chorus effect. this is ARR saying "Lets
do the basic pathos". Nice string work, adds the effect to the ballad.
If you notice, the album is full of 'simple' tunes that we can normally hum and
lot of mix of orchestral and electronic work.
I am now looking forward to Jhoota Hi Sahi (without expecting another JTYJN),
just to assess the taste of Abbas Tyrewala. He did extract some good music for
JTYJN and I hope it is not a fluke stroke. Atleast, the Cry song of JHS doesnt
reflect so. Lets wait and watch!
Regards
Aakarsh