**
Dave, given the variables and "project challenges" you mentioned, I'd be impressed if you were able to get a decent analysis and project plan put together by the 15th.  Not saying anything about your skills, just that this is a project that takes time and the proper approach, as I'm sure you already realize.

Rick

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Palmer
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Migration from Helpdesk 4 to 6 ... timescales

**
Dave,

How important is it to go to ITSM 6 at this point since it doesn't sound like there is any agreed upon spec for it?  And it's not realistic to think agreement and necessary changes would happen in 1.5 weeks especially if you have more than a couple of customizations.  Agreement is what takes the longest !!

Your v4 app will likely run fine on the ARS 6.3.  That gets you on the new server and gives you time to get a commitment to the upgrade and all the changes required for the ITSM portion.  Why not test it and offer that to your manager as an option?

By then you may be ready to upgrade to ARS 7 and do ITSM 7 !

an option,
Susan