From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Heider, Stephen
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:43 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Filtering attachment file types

**

Rick,

In a Filter use a Set Fields to set a Character field to the value of the LOWER(Attachment Field).  This should populate the Character field with the filename and other info.  Fortunately, the filename is the last item in the semi-colon delimited list.

In the next filter check for:  NOT ( 'Filename' LIKE "%.xls" OR 'Filename' LIKE "%.doc" OR 'Filename' LIKE "%.etc")

If true, then display an error message.

Regarding the attachment form, you can use drag-n-drop with it.  Create a display only form with an attachment pool and one attachment field.  This form can be accessed by a button from many different forms.

Users would drag a file into the attachment pool as usual. Then they would click a button to Save it. The Save button would push the attachment to your attachment form and then clear the attachment pool on the DO form waiting for the next file.

HTH

Stephen