Title: RE: Remedy Surveys
**

Don,

Good to hear from you.

We recently developed a survey process here at Tyco Electronics.  The process uses a Display Only form with Guest Login to on Mid-Tier.  The link to the survey sets a hidden field that links the questions to the survey type.  An active link fires on display that retrieves the questions associated with that survey type.  The questions are entered into fields that are set as display as text so that they look like normal questions instead of text in a field.  The customer answers the response portion of the survey and then presses a submit button that pushes the questions and responses to a results form.

The method can be easily adapted to surveys for Help Desk response, hardware issues, etc by creating associating questions to the survey type.

I look forward to discuss your processes at the next WARUG meeting.

Dave

>Date:    Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:25:44 -0400
>From:    "Moore Jr., Donald B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Remedy Surveys
>
>I recently developed a survey prototype following the general methodology I
>had used years before at another site.  Since this implementation included a
>Web interface, it proved to be more complicated than I had expected.  This
>involved an "Active State" PERL interface and a Web hosting site as well as
>Active Links, Filters and macros.  Eventually, I plan to add an escalation
>to bypass the human interface form where the time periods to survey are
>selected.  Since the workflow schematic is all on paper, I can't that
>(unless I take a picture and download it).  I'll be happy to contribute what
>I can to any interested parties.
>
>One site you may want to check out is the NCSU helpdesk which has a very
>good example of a clean, concise survey interfaced with a PERL main module:
>http://help.ncsu.edu/services/survey/survey.pl?callid=######  where ######
>is the actual ticket number of your ticket.  If you open up a dialogue with
>them you will find them very accommodating.
>
>I checked out a good number of COTS packages for possible use and found that
>despite promises and assurances from the Reps, every one of them fell short
>of the basic functionality we required.  What we wanted was very simple but
>we did not want our users logging in to our Remedy system and we did want
>the capability of a sliding "Likert" scale response in a Web interface.
>Feel free to contact me directly if you think I can be of help.
>
>Don Moore
>SAIC-HCC  Rockville
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(301) 998-7340