**
I ran into this in an HPUX environment.  I just did a clean install of 7.0.0 and it worked fine.  Installer script is most likely looking for 7.0.0 and if it isnt, fails.

Thanks,
Dave Zifchock
Supply Chain Systems Operations
(401)-789-5735 x2273

strauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

10/26/2006 03:27 PM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
ITSM 7.0 installation failing on ARS 7.0.01

Has anyone hit this one yet?

Install clean Win2K3Ent x64 server with ARS 7.0.01, AREmail 7.0.01, the
7.0.01 Clients, CMDB 2.0.0, Approval 7.0.01, and Assignment Engine
7.0.01 just like the prerequisites say for ITSM 7 (but use all 7.0.01
installers).

Try to install Incident Management 7.0 and get following error:

"A newer version of Remedy Assignment Engine detected on your ARSystem
server, installation cannot continue."

I have to assume that the installer scripts are still the biggest
problem with ITSM - they have been since the beginning. I have placed a
ticket on this but they are running 2-3 days behind on answering ours.
If this is something that is supposed to be in the missing English
Release Notes for 7.0.01 (I have only an advance copy - SupportWeb STILL
has not gotten them posted AND they closed the ticket where I reported
that failing), I have not found it. Of course it is not in the
ServiceDesk Release Notes either since they pre-date ARS 7.0.01.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/helpdesk/