From: "Andrew Hicox" <and...@hicox.com>
Sent: ‎30-‎04-‎2015 07:05 PM
To: "arslist@ARSLIST.ORG" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Re: Atrium integrator AROutput detects bogus field length violation?

**
Yeah double byte chars was my first guess too. The problem, is that I don't see
anything like that in the log. Of course,  like I said, could just be some
non-printable trash, then I'd never see it.
In any other programming environment,  I'd put a filter on the input to catch
trash like that and discard it, but I don't see anything at all in spoon that'd
let me do that.
Anyone out there know how to do that sort of thing with spoon?
I guess my work-around here, is just have AI write to clobs all the time on
bogus landing forms, use workflow to truncate the values, then send it off to
where it really needs to go?
Is that really how everyone else is dealing with this? I have to be missing
something ... this seems too fishy ...
Thanks everyone,
Andy