We have overlaid AST:BaseElement and nothing has blown up yet.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Overlay on AST:BaseElement

**
I haven't specifically done this but since it is an Asset Management form and
not a CMDB form you should be fine. That is what they tell me anyways :)

Jason

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Andrew Hicox <and...@hicox.com> wrote:

        **

        Hi everyone.

        Does anyone out there know of good reasons NOT to overlay
AST:BaseElement?

        The short story is that I need to see 'LastScanDate' from
BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement, along side my asset data.

        AST:BaseElement seems like the natural place to do this, since it joins
AST:Attributes and BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement. All I should need to do is create
an overlay and bring in 'LastScanDate' from BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement ... super
easy.

        And in fact, I have done this on my dev box, and it SEEMS ok, but then
I got to thinking about it ...

        In the past, I made the horrendous mistake of overlaying
BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement, and THAT truely hosed my system on upgrade (even
though I deleted the overlay prior to upgrading). I'd hate to stumble into that
sort of minefield again.

        A quick search on communities didn't seem to turn up a whole lot, so I
thought I'd ask here.

        Anyone have experience overlaying AST:BaseElement? Did it work out for
you? Cause nightmares?

        Thanks eveyone

        -Andy