Terri

I have ran into this issue before because we needed 100s of companies to have
access to the Business Services.

BMC Support recommended we increase the size to 4000 which we did.  You also
have to make sure you update all association forms, i.e. HPD:Association,
CHG:Association, PBM:Association, etc.

This all worked fine and dandy until it was time to apply a Service Pack.

When we moved from 7.6.04 no service pack to 7.6.04 SP4 the CMDB installer kept
failing and it took us weeks on the phone with Support troubleshooting the
issue.

It's been a couple years but if my memory serves me correctly I think I did the
following.

1.       Make a backup arx of the data in Field 112

2.       Change the field length back to 255 on Field 112, which truncated the
data

3.       Run the SP4 CMDB installer

4.       Increase the field back to 4000

5.       Import the backup data I made in step 1 back into Field 112

We have replicated the issue in 8.1 and have been told it is a known limitation.

HTH

[Partner Logo-EmailSig]<http://www.partneritsm.com/>
Kevin Shaffer, Senior Partner
Partner IT, Inc.