Hi Teresa,

We have a blind staff member who has used Remedy for at least 10 years.  He
uses JAWS and IE as required by BMC. His User Preference record is set to
Accessibility tab > Accessible Mode >  "Screen Reader / No Vision."

You have to be on the latest & greatest version of 8.1, namely Service Pack
2. This fixes some column heading alignment issues. I just put it into
production this weekend.

For the most part, Remedy is 508 compliant. There are definite standards in
place for compliance, such as label placement.

However, even if it is technically compliant, actual usability can be
somewhat clunky. Without a mouse a person could spend their whole life
using the tab key.

Some things I have done:

Changed the focus when a form is opened

Changed the tab order of fields and panels

Created a button for the Email System function

Modified an active link so the cursor remains in the Customer*+ field,
allowing JAWS a chance to read the name.

Created search URLs using SHR:LandingConsole. There's a good article at BMC
Communities: https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-27541

Basically stuff to streamline navigation & limit keystrokes. JAWS  also has
its own shortcuts. I'm not familiar with them but my user is.

HTH,

Rebecca