Hi,

Users are facing frequent session timeout issues i.e ARERR (9201) - Session is
invalid or timed out in our Remedy Application. The issue is randomly occurring
across all the geographies of our Organization.

Few Details:

> We are in ARS , ITSM 8.1 SP1 version.
    Midtier Version : 8.1.SP02 Patch 001 201511101452 Hotfix

> We have 8 mid-tier servers and 8 application servers (server Group
> environment).

> Mid-tier servers and AR Servers are both load balanced (F5 Load Balancer).

> The Load Balancer which exists between the client and mid-tier servers (LB 1)
> has a Cookie based persistence with no sticky session timeout set.

> The Load Balancer which exists between Mid-Tier Servers and AR Server (LB 2 )
> has no persistence type set as per the initial recommendations.

> From the Fiddler Logs captured from the affected Users, we found out that the
> LB 1 (between client and Mid-Tier Servers) switches the users to multiple
> Mid-Tier in very Short span and could be the reason for the session time out
> issue.

> We have checked with our LB team along with our findings from the fiddler
> logs. Since the issue is randomly occurring and because log size going to
> huge size the LB team could not able to trace it from the Load Balancer side.

> The application was running fine without this issue from past 2 years. We
> have also got a confirmation from load balancer team that there are no
> changes taken place.

Can someone please suggest, whether the currently set configurations at Load
balancer end are fine ?

Do we need to recommend anything to Load Balancer team?

Please help.