All

We are using AR Migrator 8.1.02 to migrate from a def file to a server.  The
def file contains 1 Form.  It takes 20 mins for the Migrator process to
complete.  I created a ticket with BMC and the response was this is expected
time because we have 37000 records in our Group form and the Group form is
needed by Migrator to assign permissions.

37,000 records doesn’t seem a lot to me.  I would expect a normal user base
would have similar number of records.   If Migrator is choking because of this,
I would assume not many companies could use AR Migrator.

I was trying to find out if anyone out there has successfully been able to use
Migrator and has a similar record count in their Group form.  I would expect
1-2 min completion times for 1 form with 8 fields on it, not 20-25 mins. I have
also tried one just one Filter with similar results and I have also tried
multiple servers.  I have enabled logging, SQL, Filter, and Migrator and no
real indicators appear in the logs.

I would appreciate if anyone else is able to share their results with Migrator
so I can determine if this truly is the expected response time or if I need to
continue troubleshooting.

Thanks
Kevin

P.S.  If I use Dev Studio to import the form, it completes in seconds.  I know
I can use Dev Studio but I am trying to implement Migration Processes using AR
Migrator as our tool.

[Partner Logo-EmailSig]<http://www.partneritsm.com/>
Kevin Shaffer, Senior Partner
Partner IT, Inc.