There have been a number defects in multi-tenancy since at least version 7.6.04.

Scenario

-  Multiple Customer Companies and Multiple Operating Companies.
-  The Operating Companies support one or more Customer Companies.
-  Under Application Administration Console you set the Operating Company to
have access to the customer company people records using Support Access
Configuration.  This goes through and sets permissions on the CTM:People
records for the operating company.

Bugs

-  (Bug) This does not set permissions on the Company form so that the
Operating Company can see the customer company in the company drop down menus
(ie Incident Form).  You can search for the person in the customer field and it
will populate the company field with the customer company.  However, the
customer company is not available in the company drop down menu.  This means if
I want to search for all tickets for a specific customer company I would need
to manually put the customer company in the company field to search.  The
customer company should be available in the menu drop down.  When I set Support
Access Configuration it should also set the Operating Company access in the
Assignee Group or Vendor Assignee Group fields.

-  (Bug) If you select a Customer Company on the Incident Form the Assigned
Group+ field does  not show Operating Companies that support that company.
This menu is driven by the Company*+ and Company field.  Both these fields
default to the customer company.  You can change the Company field to the
Operating Company and then the Assigned Group+ will show the operating
companies.  If that is the case why wouldn’t you default the Company field to
the logged in persons default Operating Company, which also controls the
categorization options.  It seems to make more sense to have the Company field
as the Operations company because it is controlling Assigned Group+ and
Categorizations.  Either way if you go into Support Access Configuration it
should set those menus for the support company.  The way the system is
currently designed you are only giving access to people records and it is
really not designed to say this Customer Company is supported by this Operating
Company.

-  (Possible Bug/Enhancement)  When setting up Support Groups as Vendor Groups,
they vendor group is added to the Assigned Group+ drop down menu.  More than
likely you are probably not going to assign a ticket to a Vendor Group.  I
would think this is what the vendor group and ticket number are for.  Also,
there is no way to say what Companies are supported by which Vendor Group.
Additionally, there should be the ability to add multiple Vendor Groups.  For
example:  Say I have an issue with BMC Analytics.  I may have a ticket open
with BMC and Business Objects for the same ticket.  I should be able to add
multiple vendors to support that.

-  (Bug) For categorizations I may want to setup a standardized list of
categorizations, which a company may want to use one or more of those share
categorizations.  I don’t want to set the categorization to global because not
everyone may use the categorization.  However, I could have multiple companies
that share the categorization.

The system will allow me to add multiple groups to the categorization.
However, it creates a new categorization record for each company, which means
if I change one of the standard categorizations from A, B, C to 1, 2, 3 it does
not cascade to all companies that are utilizing that categorization.  Not a big
deal if you only have a few companies, but if you setup the system for say 100+
companies that becomes a huge task to modify one categorization.  The change
should cascade to all the companies that share the categorization.
These are just a few things I have noticed over the releases that have not been
addressed.  I have seen these as challenges at multiple locations.  There are a
lot of workarounds that can be done, but this should be standard features of
multi-tenancy.

Brian

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally
privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action in reliance upon the contents of
the information transmitted is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please delete it immediately.