Hi,

Doing it with Meta-Update is a good choice for a one time thing.

The technology is not inherently bad for using as a permanent solution, but I
would suggest that you use a Push-Fields (Filter, Escalation, Active-Link) to
add to the diary-field instead. Or maybe an API-program (could be
Meta-Update), WebService etc that performs an update of the record in quetion.

In other word I think it is a bad idea to do low-level meddling with the
diary-data content when there is a built in way to add to a diary-field (which
includes the API if that is your choice).

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):