Hi,

You say VALIDATE which seems to indicate that you are running filters in Form A
on a transaction, and you need to validate that the last word of field A can be
found in Form B. Right?

In that case I would suggest that you parse out the last word of the field in
Form B and store "DEF" in a separate field of Form B called
'LastWordFormB-Field'.

You then perform the same operation on Form A during your transaction and store
the last word in form A in a temp-field. Then you search for
('LastWordFormB-Field' = $temp-field$)

You do not even need a LIKE operation.

If you do not want to store the last word you will validate from, you can skip
that part and instead do this search:
'FormB-Field' LIKE "%" + $temp-field$

But you will have to parse out the last part of the string before running a
search. Like will not do this for you.

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13)
* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se