From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Fawver, Dustin
Sent: 16 December 2016 20:53
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AREA failures

**

Brian,

I got this nailed down a while ago.  I found that one server I was using for
standard LDAP queries didn't have the port open for LDAPS, and that the
server that did support LDAPS didn't have the port open for LDAP.  I also
found that I had to create a separate AREA configuration entry for each OU
where accounts could potentially exist on the domain.  I also had to play
with the bind user field needing to be in LDAP format instead of
domain\username format.

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks to all who helped me get this taken care
of.

--Dustin

  _____